These days, everyone is busy and sometimes we feel like the clutter a family generates gets in the way of getting the house really clean. We’ve figured out a few ways to jump on some tasks that make the whole house look better. Start with these six steps and you’ll be ahead of the game so you can tackle one room each day.
The CleanGenic Home Essentials Bundle will be coming soon, to help jumpstart this quick cleaning routine:
- Everyone Pitches In. While some people don’t have to issue the move-it-or-lose-it ultimatum to their families, it may be the only guaranteed way to get rid of clutter. After all, we each only have two feet, so the 25 pairs of shoes by the door need to get put away every now and again.
- Wash the Dishes. Everybody’s got to eat, and when everyone’s running to their job or school, they stack up the dishes, knowing someone will do them… eventually. Tackle that job and the whole kitchen will feel more manageable. CleanGenic Heavy Duty Dish Detergent makes a whole sinkful of suds to make short work of pots and pans, and even plates and cups and glasses can benefit from a dip and rinse on their way into the dishwasher.
- Wipe Flat Surfaces. Multi-Purpose Cleaner and a couple of paper towels will take sticky spots, coffee rings, and spills off kitchen counters, shelves, and window sills. Spray it on the paper towel, wipe, and repeat—The key to this step is to keep moving. Just go from room to room and wipe any surface. You’ll be surprised how much better everything will look, and how good you feel when you’re done. Make the bathroom your last stop.
- Hit the Showers. When you enter the bathroom, spray the shower and tub fixtures with CleanGenic Bathroom Cleaner & Descaler and let it do its work. While you’re there, continue the wiping with the Multi-Purpose cleaner: Remove dried toothpaste from the bathroom sink, and take that layer of dust off the toilet-tank lid. Then give the tub a scrub and rinse with cold water.
- Glass Attack. Bathroom glass surfaces often need a bit more attention as mirrors can get splashed or touched if they’re on the front of the medicine cabinet, and the outside of a shower door or enclosure gets fingerprints. Spray them all with CleanGenic Glass Cleaner with Ammonia and make short work of those smudges you see every day.
- Mop Up. Don’t stop, you’re just one step away. Mix a bucket with three ounces of CleanGenic Floor Cleaner Concentrate with one gallon fresh cold water. Grab a clean mop and work your way from the far corners of the room toward the door. Start with the bathroom, then work your way down the hall. No one will get in your way, since they remember you made ’em help in the first step—they’re all hiding. Do all hard floor surfaces, and let them dry. Do upstairs one day, and downstairs the next.
- Bonus Step: Polish the Furniture. Yes, we know, this is something most folks haven’t done in a while and may not do regularly—chiefly because it’s a job you leave for after other cleaning tasks. It’s not hard so it doesn’t take long, and your wood furniture will thank you by always looking great. Make it manageable by tackling just one room. CleanGenic Furniture Polish makes it easy: simply spray it on a clean cloth and wipe down the wood. As the polish brightens your wooden furniture, blends away light scratches and scuffs, and protects it, it will help brighten your day too.
Most of these steps can be covered with the CleanGenic Home Essentials Bundle, with a couple of bottles of hand sanitizer included, and everyone can use those! Stay tuned for the launch of this great new product pack—Coming Soon!